Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Curvy Stuff

















I have always wanted to make a curved machinima screen. It isn't difficult, unless of course you don't build. Those of you that have other skills besides that hammer and nails thing can pick up this screen along with instructions at the Art Farm Coop on LEA28.
 
Look for this poster standing to the side of the screen. Click and receive info on how to watch the film, the screen and instructions for how to get the URL for the file you want to watch.


And of course there is a story behind all this.

I was wandering around looking at art and saw that the performance and machinima section at the Art Farm Coop was pretty much vacant and sadly so. Well we couldn't have that.

Since I had just finished my UWA film, I indeed had something new to share.

Yep, a short story.

Now the screen is designed to work with films up at SLartist.com. The plus side of that of course is the absence of ads.  I have not found any way to actually get a film to stream without downloading first (hence the instructions in the poster as it is a bit tricky). But it plays beautifully and I do like that big curved expanse. It somehow puts you in the film a bit more. The notecard for getting the URL from SLartist is also in the box.

So if you want to try it out, just come over and pick up your copy.

Later note: this reported works for MACs when some do not. That's ALL I know *wink*.

No comments:

Post a Comment