Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

What is YOUR Impossible - UWA machinima challenge

It's time for UWA's themed machinma challenge!

This season the theme is PURSUE IMPOSSIBLE.

Both 3D art and machinima are part of this event and as a filmmaker you can enter as many times as you like.

You have until the witching hour on All Hallows Eve -- so three months.



Now in some ways I have left you a little high and dry with my exit from LEA7; I do realize that and it weighed heavily on my decision to leave. But there are times when you really DO need to take care of yourself and this was one of those times.

When I closed that door I also gave up MY foremost building and filming area. And yes, it has been an adjustment. Happily I found a large lot with hefty land impact allowance and $1 per prim cost. A lovely waterfront house that doesn't count against my LI is a bonus. (My best RL friend has always contended that I have the BEST "land karma" and it seems to be holding true.)

I now have a fairly good sized building pad up in the sky where I can build my own sets.

Some suggestions for those that don't want out of pocket expenses while conforming to the official photo and machinima policy for post LEA7 filming include:

  • Filming on Linden Public Land
  • Filming on LEA sims (1-29   core sims and Aritist in Residence sims)
  • Building your own sets in the LEA5 sandbox (group tag needed for sets to stay longer term)
  • Think minimalist. Some of the best films made have all taken place on one set.  
  • And one I came up with before I found my new personal "sound stage" area -- build over on the beta grid mesh sandboxes. They are cleaned rarely :D and you can upload and build from your inventory (a new password gets your current inventory there in 24 hours). Take copies often and you should be fine. I may even do a bit of building there. Free is good. 
There are of course machinima friendly sims, some have been mentioned on this blog in the past.  And asking the land owner for permission sometimes works -- especially if you can send them to your previously made videos.

Be creative. Make great stuff.

I look forward to watching your films!


No comments:

Post a Comment